While the mortgage process can be daunting, we have broken it down into 5 easy steps to help you get started! Plus, an Atlas Mortgage Group expert is happy to help guide you every step of the way so it is even easier to make your dreams of home ownership happen.
- Options: Your mortgage professional has access to 90+ lenders with dozens of solutions to suit your mortgage needs. During our initial consultation, your mortgage professional will review your situation and provide an overview of mortgage options that are best suited to your needs. From there, you can work together to complete your mortgage application and obtain financing.
- Collection: When it comes to a mortgage application, you’re required to submit the following items to the lender: credit report, agreement of purchase and sale(or estimated mortgage amount if you are refinancing), proof of income/employment, down payment amount, identification and solicitor information. Your mortgage professional is able to assist you with preparing, gathering and sending this documentation in.
- Submission: Your mortgage professional will submit your mortgage application to the appropriate lender with the mortgage product that best suits your needs. As they work with dozens of lenders from banks to credit unions to trusts and private options, they can put their negotiating power to work for you to get you the best mortgage product.
- Approval: Once you have been approved for your mortgage, you will be required to sign. From there, you will obtain approval documents including: payment details, mortgage terms and privileges, pre-funding conditions (if they apply). Should the closing date be more than 30 days away, your mortgage professional can also hold the approval documents and monitor the market. When you reach 4 weeks away from closing, they can help finalize the approval documentation.
- Closing: This is the final step to homeownership where your signed documents are submitted to the lender with all supporting information. From there, the lender will review and approve the final documents and send their instruction package to your lawyer. When you meet with your lawyer, they will require final identification and signatures, and review your closing costs. It is on the closing day that the mortgage funds will be transferred to your lawyer to close the sale.
If you are looking to purchase your first home, or a new home, in the coming months, reach out to an Atlas Mortgage expert for the advice and expertise to ensure you get the best mortgage product for YOU.